I ate a similar dish to this on a restaurant once and decided to make it at home. I made some changes over the times I’ve made it, now I don’t think it can taste better and at the same time be really easy to make. You can always add more veggies, change from cashews to peanuts, experiment with the sauces.
I never measure my sauces when i make this, I just add as much as I like. Remember you can always add more but you can’t remove any. Taste it all the time!
4 Servings | 30 minutes
- 3-4 cups cooked Jasmine Rice
- 8 oz Glass Noodles (also called bean thread or cellophane noodles)
- 2 avocados
- Spring onions
- Vegan Pulled Pork (Recipe here) or pre-made from the grocery store
- 2 tbs Hickory bbq-sauce
- 1 tbs Soy sauce
- 2 tbs Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/4 cups Cashew nuts (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Vegan spicy mayo ( I added some sriracha to vegan mayo)
- Start off with boiling the rice i a pot or rice cooker.
- Add the pulled vegan meat in a pan with the hickory bbq-sauce, fry on medium heat.
- Cook the noodles for about 5 minus, drain then add soy, teriyaki and sesame.
- Cut the tomatoes in two
- Cut the avocado into slices or preferred bits.
- Finely chop the spring onion 5mm slices.
- Into every bowl add the rice on the bottom. Then in in one corner each add the noodles, pulled ”meat”, Avocado and tomatoes.
- On top add the spring onions, the cashews and drizzle over the mayo.
- Ready to serve! I always bring the soy, teriyaki and mayo to the table because if you’re like me, you can never have to much sauce.