I was making homemade vegan gnocchi today and I was looking online for a sauce. Found this one which turned out really good! Super creamy and garlicy!
This is how you make it:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews or macadamias
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp oil or butter spread, optional
- pasta, rice, or veggies of choice
Simply combine all sauce ingredients in a high speed blender until completely smooth. (I like to add the optional oil for richness and to help sauce adhere better to pasta.) Add more seasonings if you wish – I add a little more garlic and 1/4 tsp more salt. Sometimes I’ll also add a tbsp of nutritional yeast or some lemon juice to change up the flavor. Heat to desired serving temperature on the stovetop or in the microwave, then pour over pasta or veggies.
And if you want to know how I make my vegan gnocchi, this is how:
Vegan Gnocchi Recipe
- 250 g Potato mashed
- 120 g All Purpose Flour
- Peel and boil the potatoes for 15 minutes until completely soft.
- Mash the potatoes thoroughly, preferably using a potato ricer.
- Add the flour gradually and work it into the potato completely before adding more. Continue kneading until all the flour is used up and you have a dough that isn’t sticky but is still soft.
- Cut the dough into 4 pieces and roll each one into a sausage shape about 1/2 inch in diameter. Cut the sausage into 1 inch chunks. If you want to, roll each piece down the back of a fork (as demonstrated in the video). Rolling the pieces down the fork is optional.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and drop the gnocchi pieces into the water in small batches. When they float to the top they are ready, so fish them out with a slotted spoon. At this point you can either add them to your favourite sauce, or pop them in the fridge, covered, to reheat later.