As a vegan, curry’s gonna be your new best friend. In stews and curry’s you won’t miss the meat as it’s not what the dish revolves around. This one is one of my favorites because it’s super easy to make and I love the sweet potato in it.
Vegan Coconut Milk Curry With Sweet Potato
- 1 tbsp oil coconut or vegetable
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk (not the light version)
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- tsp rice
- fresh koriander
- Start with preparing the onion, garlic and ginger. the onion should be cut to small pieces and the garlic and ginger should be minced finley or grated.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and add the onion, saute until the onion on medium heat until is translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and let them fry a little bit.
- Now add everything else to the pot expect the rice and koriander. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 20 minutes until the sweet potato is soft. Taste and more seasoning if needed
- Serve with rice and coriander